Table of Contents
In today's society, women suffer considerable stress due to the many facets that they must play and more in large cities such as in Barcelona that contribute to increase it. In the Women's we care about offering a solution to this problem through the mindfulness.
El mindfulness and its applications in health and disease have been the object of study since the University of Massachusetts Stress Reduction Clinic since 1979. Today the mindfulness exercises They are practiced by millions of people in most countries of the world.
Mindfulness or mindfulness is the ability to stay in the present, without judging, having conscious control of our mind, which has the tendency to disperse into the past and into the future. It is a powerful tool for wellness and health. Integrating traditional meditation practices with the knowledge of applied psychology and neuroscience, it constitutes a path to a fuller life.
Practice and courses of mindfulness has been shown to be effective in stress reduction and medical problems associated with stress, it has the ability to produce permanent changes in different areas of the brain (increase higher brain functions, regions of the prefrontal cortex, and regulate lower-order brain activity).
Integrate mindfulness into everyday life helps to recognize habitual thinking patterns and other deeply ingrained behaviors, it can play a very important role in improving our physical and psychological well-being
Results of numerous investigations highlight the beneficial effects of mindfulness in the treatment of Stress depression, substance abuse, pain and disease. Other benefits of the continued practice of mindfulness:
- Develop the ability to relax the body and mind
- Learn to connect with pleasure y reduce fear
- Be attentive to internal processes and improve the management of thinking, The emotions and obsessions
- Improve capacity of concentration, atención, the memory y creative ability
- Develop the empathy, emotional intelligence, channels and values
- Increase efficiency in decision making, in conflict resolution and complex situations, facing them more clearly
- Improve the immune system and prevent psychosomatic illnesses
- Cultivate internal resources that help to better cope with stress, pain and illness
- Get resources to reduce stress and improve self-esteem
- Renew enthusiasm for life and work
- Improve interpersonal relationships
- Promote quality of life and health
Who can mindfulness help?
It can be helpful to anyone who:
- Experience any symptoms or stress sign –Anxiety, irritability, muscle tension, listlessness, headache, digestive problems, concentration difficulties, worry, overwork, substance abuse, smoking, eating disorders, sleep disturbances, feeling overwhelmed by events.
- Experience eassociated stress to live with the disease - chronic pain, arthritis, asthma, cancer, fibromyalgia, gastrointestinal disorders, hypertension, migraine.
- Want to improve the stress associated with assisted reproduction processes.
- Want to have a positive effect on your own well-being and quality of life.
In rural areas of India, families in charge of a blind minor frequently isolate and deprive him/her of the care and attention they provide to their other children; such situation becomes even more severe among lower-caste families, orphans and if the blind child is a girl. group, individual and personalized mindfulness sessions as a couple, we introduce simple but profound practices that can reduce suffering and bring greater balance. It is a tool that positively contributes to improving life and your experience.
Dra. Emma Ribas
Psychologist and sexologist. Head of the Women's Psychology Unit and the mindfulness courses.