Dra. Laura Cortés Laguna.
It is very important to practice a personalized and individualized medicine that attends to the circumstances of each person: only in this way will we achieve our objectives ”.
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Tracking low and high risk pregnancies
- Gynecological and obstetric 3D and 4D ultrasound
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- Gynecological-obstetric laser
- Benign gynecological pathology and surgery
- Tracking low and high risk pregnancies
- Natural birth
Training and academic merits
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona (2002-2008).
- Specialist degree in Gynecology and Obstetrics taken at the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital (2009-2013).
- Complementary training in the Breast Pathology and Oncology Gynecology Unit at the Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge (2011).
- Complementary training in the Endocrinology and Human Reproduction unit of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau e IVI, Barcelona (2012 - 2013).
- Training in Obstetric and Gynecological Ultrasound, Levels I-II-III, by the SESEGO.
- Continuous training through courses and conferences in maternal-fetal medicine and gynecological advances.
- Doctorate Cum laude in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona (2020).
- Master in Integrative Medicine, based on PNIE (Psycho Neuro Immune Endocrinology), with a holistic vision of the patient, with the aim of promoting and restoring Health.
- Gynecological and obstetric ultrasound specialist at the Costa de Ponent Health Center (Bacelona).
- Member and Representative of Residents of the Catalan Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2011-2012.
- Gynecology and Obstetrics Specialist at Women's CD.
Research and outreach
Throughout her career, Dr. Cortés has combined her healthcare work with an important research and informative activity, being the author of numerous scientific articles on the specialty.
Dr. Laura Cortés collaborates with Saber Vivir TV magazine, the best-selling monthly health publication in Spain. Their contributions usually revolve around the most frequent questions that women ask themselves regarding their health care in what refers to the field of gynecology.
- How to avoid the spread of toxoplasmosis during .... Jun 7, 2019 - But in case you have not passed it, you must take precautions to avoid contagion. Anyway, the gynecologist Laura Cortés.
- How to avoid the risk of pre-eclampsia in pregnancy. Jun 16, 2020 - But fortunately, according to Laura Cortés, Women's CD gynecologist, they can be prevented up to 80%.
- What do the changes in vaginal discharge mean - Saber Vivir. Dec 3, 2020 - Laura Cortés, gynecologist at Women's CD assures that you have to be especially attentive to three signs.
- The once-a-month birth control pill. Jan 17, 2020 - An oral contraceptive is being developed that would be taken once a month. Dr. Laura Cortés, gynecologist, explains how it works.
- The alterations that hinder and put your pregnancy at risk. September 8, 2020 - Laura Cortés. For this reason, when a woman decides to become pregnant, it is advisable to go to the gynecologist for a check-up.
- Pregnancy: risks and causes of abortion in the first weeks. Nov 25, 2020 - This is the question many women who have suffered a miscarriage ask themselves. Gynecologist Laura Cortés, from Women's CD.
- Side effects of the morning after pill. Mar 22, 2021 - Gynecologist Laura Cortés, from Women's CD, gives us the details. Levonorgestrel and ulipristal acetate: differences.
- Estrogen-free birth control pill: when to take it. 23 Feb 2021 - Fortunately, there are more and more options on the market for gestagen-only birth control pills.
- Inverted or retroverted uterus: what it is and how it can affect you. Jan 1, 2021 - you could hear, it has no consequence on fertility. Dr. Laura Cortés, OB / GYN at Women's CD.
Dr. Laura Cortés, a member of the Women's CD medical team, has a Cum Laude Doctorate in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona and a specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
He trained at the University of Barcelona, specialized in Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital and has completed complementary training in the Breast Pathology and Gynecology Oncology Unit at the Bellvitge University Hospital and in the Endocrinology and Human Reproduction Unit from the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau and IVI, in Barcelona.
Dr. Laura Cortés has completed a Master's Degree in Integrative Medicine based on PNIE (Psycho Neuro Immune Endocrinology), an integrative medical discipline whose main objective is to promote health and, failing that, to restore it, studying the person as a whole, without separating the organs and systems by subspecialties.