El Dr. Francisco Carmona is Scientific Director of Women's. He is a doctor in Gynecology and Obstetrics and main areas of interest are the gynecological laparoscopy endometriosis and benign gynecological pathology, including alterations of the pelvic floor.
He is also Head of the Gynecology Service at the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and a full professor at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona.
Dr. Carmona has published more than 100 scientific articles in a journal, has collaborated in more than 15 chapters of different gynecology and medicine books, and serves as a reviewer for several scientific journals. He is a member of the Editorial Board of Gynecological Surgery, Journal of Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain and Clinical Medicine.
He is a full member of different Scientific Societies:
- Spanish Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics and its sections on Gynecological Endoscopy and Pelvic Floor
- European Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy
- Ibero-American Society of Gynecological Endoscopy and Imaging
- Board of Trustees of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Member of the Executive Committee of the European Endometriosis League
- Ambasseur of the World Endometriosis Society
He has also been a member of:
- Advisory Committee of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopy
- Board Committee of the European Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy and president of the 19º Congress of said Society.