Dr. Carla Castell
A good doctor is the one who wants and knows how to listen to his patients "
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Assisted Reproduction (Ovulation induction, Artificial Insemination, In Vitro Fertilization, etc.)
- Obstetric and Gynecological Ultrasound
- Tracking low and high risk pregnancies
Training and academic merits
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (1995-2001).
- Title of Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Hospital Consorci Sanitari de Terrassa (2003-2007).
- Complementary training at the Denis-Diderot University (Paris).
- Complementary training at the Saint Louise Hospital (Paris).
- Complementary training Hospital Lariboisiere (Paris).
- Complementary training in the Human Reproduction Department of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- Completion of Levels I-II-III of the Obstetric and Gynecological Ultrasound Section of the SESEGO at the Vall d'Hebron Hospital in Barcelona.
- Head of the Assisted Reproduction Unit in Gynecological Clinic Women's CD in Barcelona (2016 – Present).
- Head of the Assisted Reproduction Unit at the Gynecological Center Somdex - Santiago Dexeus at the Tres Torres Clinic in Barcelona (2013–2016).
- Adjunct Physician in the Gynecology and Obstetrics Service in the Reproduction Service of the Marquis Institute - Assisted Reproduction Clinic in Barcelona (2012).
- Guards in Gynecology and Obstetrics in Corachan Clinic (2008-2010).
- Specialist Physician in the Gynecology and Obstetrics Service at the Hospital de l'Esperit Sant, in Santa Coloma, Barcelona (2007–2012) -
- Resident physician in the Gynecology and Obstetrics Service of the Health Consortium of Terrassa (2003-2007).
- Symposium EBART (2016)
- Symposium Ferring. Barcelona (2016)
- XXXI National Congress of the Spanish Fertility Society. SAFE. Malaga (2016)
- Current issues in Reproduction, Ginefiv. Madrid (2015)
- Symposium Ferring. Malaga (2015)
- XXX National Congress of the SEF. Barcelona (2014)
- Alternative therapies course .BCN.IVF (2014)
- ESHRE. Munich (2014)
- 1rst INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM SOCIAL EGG FREEZING. Barcelona (2013)
- FIRST COURSE ASSISTED REPRODUCTION CIRH (2013)
- SYMPOSIUM FERRING. Barcelona (2013)
- THEORETICAL-PRACTICAL WORKSHOP ON PERINEAL INJURIES OF OBSTETRIC ORIGIN. Sant Joan de Deu Hospital. (2010)
- "V NATIONAL CONGRESS OF THE SECTION OF PELVIC SOIL OF LA SEGO". Valencia (2010)
- RECONSTRUCTION COURSE OF GENITAL PROLAPSE WITH INTEGRAL MESH. General Hospital of l´Hospitalet (2009)
- COURSE OF TREATMENT OF PELVIC FLOOR DEFECTS. Igualada Hospital (2009)
- COURSE OF “Advances in Urogynaecology WOMEN´S INCONTINENCE and PELVIC FLOOR DYSFUNCTION at the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists”. London (2009)
- XIV INTENSIUM CURS OF CONTINUED TRAINING in Gynecological Endocrinology, Human Reproduction, Sòl pèlvic, IUE, Non-oncological Gynecological Surgery. Lloret (2007)
- DOPPLER COURSE IN OBSTETRICS AND CERVICAL ECOGRAPHY, Hospital Valle de Hebrón (2007)
- IX ECOCARDIOGRAPHY I DOPPLER COURSES IN FETAL MEDICINE, Hospital Clinic (2007)
- GYNECOLOGICAL OBSTETRIC ECOGRAPHY COURSE LEVEL III OF THE OBSTETRIC GYNECOLOGICAL ECOGRAPHY SECTION OF THE SESEGO, HVdH (2007)
La Dr. Carla Castell, Head of the Assisted Reproduction Unit of Women's CD, with extensive training in different fields of specialty and extensive experience, is a specialist in Gynecology, Obstetrics and Fertility.
He was trained at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, specialized in Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Hospital Consorci Sanitari de Terrassa and has completed complementary training in the Denis-Diderot University (Paris), at the Saint Louise Hospital (Paris), at the Lariboisiere Hospital (Paris) and at the Human Reproduction Department of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, among other institutions.
Dr. Castell, member of the Acadèmia de les Ciències Mèdiques de Barcelona and the Spanish Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (SEGO), has been Head of the Assisted Reproduction Unit at the Gynecological Center Somdex - Santiago Dexeus, whose director, Dr. S. Dexeus has pioneered the in vitro fertilization in Spain and founder of Women's CD, together with Dr. Francisco Carmona and Dr. Demian Dexeus.